Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Experiment(s) Update

In case anyone is still interested- the two experiments I tried (to save money) were 50/50.

First off- the baking soda hair wash/vinegar rinse was effective. But it did dry out my hair so much that I am now using argan oil to correct the fly-away hair (you cannot rehydrate hair except from the scalp...healthy scalp, healthy hair).
Side note here- I know a young East Indian girl- and her hair is fabulous! She uses coconut oil and massages it into her scalp once a month (but it takes a while to wash out!).

Okay- so while the baking soda experiment works, I would recommend using 1/2 tsp vinegar in a cup of water in the rinse water to start. Otherwise, you risk doing what I did- drying out your hair.

Second experiment- the cinnamon hair color.
While my hair smelled fantastic...the results were minimal to non-existent for the amount of work I had to do. (The bag was on my head for six hours.)

For those of you who care to know, as soon as I purchase the right oil, I plan to try dying my hair with Henna. When I get around to that, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment