Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers

I made these this afternoon for Grau to have while I was at school. The verdict is, they are awesome!
Yay. Another recipe keeper. I can't give you amounts, really...I just kinda threw this together.




Without further ado, here's the recipe:


Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Green Peppers

1 or 2 Green peppers, sliced sideways and middle cleaned out
1 onion ? Maybe less if it's a big onion.
8 ozs or so of mushrooms.
Dash Worcestershire
Roast beef - I used about a 2" slice of leftover roast I made the night before.
2 slices provolone for each green pepper half.

Saute veggies until onions are as you like them in a tsp of oil. Add Worcestershire.  Add beef. Sautee about 3-5 minutes more- you're basically just heating the beef up at this point.
Place one slice provolone cheese inside green pepper half.
Fill with beef/veggie mixture.
Top with second slice provolone.

Do the same to your other half of green pepper.

I had beef/veggie mixture left over, so I just put it in a freezer baggie so I can make this again in a couple nights.

Bake at 400 between 15-20 minutes. Probably closer to 20 if you have a firm pepper.

That's it. You're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment