Saturday, April 8, 2017

Smells of Heaven, and Chipotle Mayo

This morning I remarked to my husband, 'Can we just put chipotle, vanilla, coffee, and cinnamon randomly around the house? Maybe with a campfire background? Because I'm pretty sure that's what heaven smells like.'

Easy, Fresh, Chipotle Mayo

And the funny thing? I wasn't joking. You want me to immediately be at ease? put me in the mountains, surrounded by trees....or have some chipotle, vanilla, coffee, cinnamon or campfire where I can smell it and I just melt.

He and I both love those five smells. The husband would have to add whisky to his favorite smells...especially that liquid campfire smelling Laphroaig he loves so much.


We are on Whole30 this month. It's been a few months since our last W30 and it was time. We've both been feeling the drag of the carbs.

This morning as I perused Pinterest, I ran across this post and it inspired me. Especially since today is the first day in a while we've been able to open the doors and windows and let in the warm air. Winter wasn't done with us yet as it snowed two days ago but today? Today it's beautiful and 70 degrees.
And that called for firing up the grill.


Whole30 compliant, all the way!

I know, I know. That link was for oven baked fries. But really, it was the chipotle mayo that caught my attention. The husband grabbed a couple chicken breasts, coated them in chipotle seasoning, put the smoking chips in tin foil, and out to the grill he went.
Meanwhile, I took the aforementioned recipe, made a minor alteration or two, and voila!  This fabulous, thick, creamy, W30 compliant chipotle mayo.

So sit back, read her recipe or try mine. Either way, this is a keeper!


CHIPOTLE MAYO

1 egg
1/2 c extra light virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
pinch salt
1 capful lemon juice

Put egg in mason jar, slowly pour olive oil over it. Wait 30 seconds for the oil to settle on top.
Using a stick blender, put it into the jar and 'touch bottom' with it. Holding it completely still, blend for 30 seconds, you will see the egg start to emulsify. Then you can move the stick blender around to incorporate the rest of the oil.
Once blended, add spices and lemon juice. Blend again.
You're done!

Cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment