Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sweet Pepper Salsa

I usually like my salsa a tad on the sweet side. This turned out beautifully, but I do think a tad too sweet. Oh, not sugary-sweet. No, in this instance it came out pepper-sweet. Which is great- but I was in the mood for something a bit more tangy than sweet. Of course, you can always reduce the sweet red pepper to half and add in green chilies. That would be awesome! For now- here is an awesome Sweet Red Pepper Salsa-





 SWEET RED PEPPER SALSA:
5 cloves garlic
3 sm yellow onions- diced
1/2 green pepper- diced
1 sweet red pepper- diced
1 jalapeno - seeded & diced
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 T raw honey
28 oz can diced petite tomatoes, with juice
2 T cilantro
2 t salt
6 ozs tomato paste

Blend the first nine ingredients in food processor or Ninja Blender/Pitcher until desired consistency. I like mine thoroughly mixed, so I ran my Ninja for 2 minutes.




Once blended, pour into medium pot and cook for 2 minutes, then add salt and tomato paste.

Cook for 5 minutes more, then pour into 3 sterilized pint and 1 half-pint jar. Store in freezer or can.

I canned my salsa, since we don't eat a lot of it at any given time. To can- pour into 3 pint and one half-pint sterilized heated jars. Lid and band jars. Process in Hot Water Bath for 15 minutes.





Cool, then remove bands if desired. Label with name and date and store on shelf.






No comments:

Post a Comment