Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blender Blunder

I love my blender. Really I do. I use it for all sorts of things. Most recently, I used it for creaming frozen bananas into ice cream.
This is my blender:



Pretty, right? I've never had a digital blender before. When I went in search of a blender, I found this one had the one main thing I was looking for- a glass jar. Do you realize how hard it was to find a blender with a glass jar? One that I could afford and not have to auction off my glass eyeball collection? Yeah, not easy.

But when I went to use it yesterday to blend tomatoes, garlic and onion into a salsa-goodness, it wouldn't work.

WTH?

Do you see the part of the blender there, below, that shows the black disc holding the inverted blades? The actual part that blends things? Yeah, that one....





Well, it doesn't spin-a-roo any longer. Apparently, when I decided to cream banana's, I creamed a naner that was a little too hard. And POOF, I stripped the bolt that makes the spinner go all spin-y round.

I hate that.

Now I have to mail away for a new part. Oh well, at least it's not towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment