Thursday, September 20, 2012

Black Bean & Chicken Quiche

There are days I amaze even myself. No, truly. Sometimes, I amaze myself with how stupid I am. Other days, with how smart I am. And then there's days like today....my ability to create a masterpiece from leftovers!

Oh, this quiche just sung to me! No really, it did. I should probably have those voices checked out.....


(I'm Kidding, of course)...where was I? Oh yeah, this quiche- it actually turned out better than I predicted. And Grau thought it was another keeper, too! When your man, kids, family, want you to make it again, that's always the highest compliment.




BLACK BEAN & CHICKEN QUICHE

1 Deep Dish Pie Shell
7 ozs Black Beans, rinsed (1/2 can)
3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar / Monterey Jack Blend Cheese
1 Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded with a fork
3/4 cup Milk
5 Eggs
1 tsp Mexican Chili Powder


Place black beans on bottom of pie shell:

 Place shredded cheese on top of the beans:



Place chicken on top of the cheese:
 Mix the eggs and milk and chili powder:


And pour over the chicken:


 Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a knife slides out clean and center is firm. Remove from oven and let the quiche sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. I also recommend putting a pan under your quiche as it cooks to catch spill-over!


This was so good! I am seriously thinking of adding sweet corn on the next try. And maybe using cream instead of milk. Or pepper jack and cheddar instead of Monterey Jack? Maybe I can add some diced tomatoes and jalapenos? Or a couple drops of Frank's Hot Sauce?
There are so many substitutions! Use your imagination and have fun with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment