Friday, September 28, 2012

Fabulous Pizza Soup

A little unconventional, I know. But it was wicked awesome and Grau deemed it another keeper!

Just think of all the variations you could do with this? I mean, add sliced pepperoni, or ham, or bacon, or whatever!
I didn't have enough room in the beginning. I doubled the recipe and forgot that I was using my small crock pot. Rut ro!  But, it worked out fine, in the end.  I just left the top off so the heat wouldn't make steam and add to the volume of the soup.


MMMM...pizza



Pizza Soup

30 ozs beef broth (use homemade if you can!)
1 lb Italian Sausage, casings removed and rolled into little meatballs
1 small onion, diced
2 lbs Roma Tomatoes, diced
1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
2 tsp Italian Seasoning (I make my own)
1T Tomato Paste
1 tsp Pepper

Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. I didn't have that much time so I cooked my for 4 1/2 hours on high. Serve with shredded mozzarella and sliced bread.
As I mentioned, you can add in any pizza toppings you want. Pepperoni, ham, bacon, green pepper, whatever!

The soup BEFORE I added the mushrooms...it was a *tight* fit!
**Update, if you make your own italian sausage from ground pork, and used Imagine brand beef broth, this recipe would be whole 30 compliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment