Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chicken Bang Bang

I have no idea why I named this recipe Chicken Bang Bang.  Maybe I need a bit more soup, I mean sleep? Well, for whatever reason, this soup came out fabulous. Of course, I was trying to make this soup, but didn't have all the ingredients so I had to modify it to what I had on hand because I was also being lazy and didn't want to go to the grocery store.





Make either one. I am sure they are BOTH fabulous. And if you try that other soup, lemme know what you think. :)


Chicken Bang Bang (Whole30 compliant!)

1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
2 1/2 cups grated baby carrots (I used my food processor)
3 celery stalks (again, shredded in my food processor)
1 4" piece celery stalk, diced extra small.
1 onion, diced
5 cloves garlic
1 T + 1 tsp Chili powder
28 oz crushed tomatoes
1 small can rotel
1 qt chicken broth (the Imagine brand is w30 compliant)
1 qt chicken bone broth*
Olive Oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
And my secret ingredient- 1/4 tsp cinnamon

I put the carrots and celery and garlic in my food processor and shredded them. Added a dash of olive oil to my pot, added the veggies (incl the onion) and cooked for 2-5 minutes. Then I added the red pepper (bang!), cinnamon (bang!), chili powder, and chicken. Then gave it a good stir.
Once the spices were mixed in really well, add the crushed tomatoes, rotel, broth and bone broth. Let simmer for 30 minutes and you're done!

The red pepper flakes give this soup a BANG! and the warm and inviting cinnamon give it a surprise BANG!...so Chicken Bang Bang! (No really, I didn't just make that up.)

* I made my own bone broth a couple weeks ago. If you don't have this, use another quart of chicken broth.




No comments:

Post a Comment