Friday, September 12, 2014

Healthy Coconut Chicken Bites

I love chicken. I do. Really. I mean, I love chicken a lot.  Especially chicken breasts. Oh la la! Many people dislike chicken because it is plain. Oh Contraire!
What I've found is that chicken takes on the flavor of what you cook with it.
Some people complain that chicken breasts are dry. Nope! Wrong again. (Well, I guess they *could* be right....if they cook it too long.)
Treat chicken nice, and it will be a thing of beauty that will melt in your mouth.

Being on Whole30, chicken is a blessing because it is low in calories. Unfortunately, you are almost relegated to dry rubs and grilling. Not so any longer!



Tonight I was craving something a little on the sweet side. But I also wanted it a tad bit spicy. And once I rolled those tasty tidbits in unsweetened coconut? Oh my giddy aunt what a treat!
Served with a side of steamed broccoli and dinner was easy peasy.

Healthy Coconut Chicken Bites

1 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
1/4 cup arrowroot powder

(serves 2-3 people)

After cutting up the chicken, set up an assembly line. Three bowls. One with the arrowroot powder, one with eggs and the other with the coconut.

Add the hot sauce to the eggs and beat until combined.
Then, coat the chicken in the arrowroot powder, dip in the egg, and finally the coconut.
Place pieces onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees until chicken is no longer pink, about 30-35 minutes.

Serve with a side of your favorite vegetable and a salad and you have a wonderful Whole30, gluten free, paleo dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment