Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Lemonade Truffles

I started today out with a healthy fruit salad. It wouldn't be right not to have a light sweet to balance out the day, now would it?



I was tromping through Pinterest like I am wont  to do ...daily. Yes, I'm a Pinterest junkie. Electronic hoarding at its finest! Well,  I came across a lemon truffle recipe, started to read the ingredients and then my tablet went wonky and I lost the link.
I didn't even get to finish reading it! All I remember is lemon cake mix and butter.



Anyway, I decided to try to come up with my own version when I realized I don't have lemon cake mix. Story of my life. I don't usually keep that type of thing around as it makes it too easy to eat poorly.
But, I did have a small box of Jiffy Yellow cake mix left over from a dump cake I made a couple weeks ago for a friend's going away party.


So I glided into the kitchen to make my own concoction.  I plan to take them to work...that way I can eat one or two and give away the rest. Great plan, right? See the pattern?  Make it and take it!



Ok- here's what I did:

Ingredients
1 box Jiffy Yellow cake mix
3 caps lemon juice
3 T Butter, melted
2 1/2 t Lemon Juice powder
Sugar for rolling (I used 1/3 c and had leftovers)

I forgot to take a picture until I was half-done rolling!
Dump your cake mix and lemon juice into a bowl. Mix well. Add lemon juice powder to melted butter, mix well, and add to cake mix.
Stir well until everything combines.

Add remaining 2 t lemon juice powder to sugar

Pinch about a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon mix and roll into a ball. Roll in lemon sugar.
Place on plate. Repeat until mix is gone.

These are good with coffee or tea, great for a luncheon or as a small treat to tucked into your husband or kids lunch.

Have fun!


PS- Lemon juice powder does contain corn syrup solids (NOT high fructose corn syrup!). You can substitute the lemon juice powder with lemon peel powder if you prefer.






No comments:

Post a Comment